|Level of the Course||Graduate level|
|Name of the teacher||Teacher educator|
|Education course||B.Ed. (Education)|
|Duration of the Course||Two Academic Year|
|Proposed Tenure||Four semesters|
|Proposed Intake||50 Students (Fifty only)|
|Academic Session from which the course Will be conducted||2016-2017|
|Details of the Affiliating body Name||Bangalore University., Bangalore.|
|Address / Tel Fax no||Ph :- 080-22244082 Fax.22210813|
B.Ed. DEGREE COURSE:
- Candidates must be citizens of India and should be ‘Karnataka Students’ for government seats. “Karnataka student” means, a student who has studied for at least 7 full academic years in any one of the government or government recognized institutions in Karnataka from first standard to 2nd PUC/12th standard or any equivalent grade and should have passed either SSLC/10th standard or PUC/12th Standard examination in Karnataka. In respect of candidate who have enrolled as private candidates for SSLC/PUC or studied in open schools, the period of seven years study shall not be insisted. However such candidates shall produce domicile certificate for 7 years from the Tahasildar of the respective taluk.
- Candidates who have passed either SSLC or PUC either in open schools or as private candidates shall produce the relevant marks card or a certificate from the Karnataka secondary education examination board/Directorate of Pre-University education, which shows that he/she is a private candidate.
Note: In respect of candidates, who have taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only for this purpose.
- The candidate must be a graduate with BA/BSc and should have studied any one of the languages and two of the three electives specified below.
Languages: English, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Sanskrit.
Electives: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics
History, Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Economics.
English, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Sanskrit.
- Candidates should have studied any two of the electives specified for all the three years.Candidates who have to obtained a degree in BA/B.Sc. from the university situated outside the Karnataka state should have studied in addition to language subjects mentioned above and at least 2 elective subjects mentioned above in serial no.2 in their three year course of study in B.A/B.Sc. by appearing in one subject in the university examinations for at least two years and in the principal subject for all the three years and if there is any change of subject during the course of study of three years, such candidates, shall not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. Course.
- Excluding internal and class examination marks and including language, other than scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, category-1 and physically handicapped candidates must have obtained not less than 50% of total marks in the three years of study. But in respect of candidates belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, category-1 and physically handicapped candidates, minimum marks shall not be less than 45%.